Monday, September 26, 2011

Two Spoken word pieces by an unhomed man.



Freedom Fight

Two spirits that are free,
and spread truth as free
souls should.

All that is good is covered up,
and you shall be the savior
of good.

Even though the road is rough,
you two, in your freedom,
cast spells with creation.

She, a creation, in herself,
and he, the master of
spirits wealth.

So keep up the fight, by
being you.  The freedom
fight is won, in truth.

___________________________________________________

The Lie

On this wicked plain I seek
only in what I believe.  A lie
does me no good, and only
understood is the wickedness
of the world.  Reality is my
enemy now, and the real world
succumbs to all I am.  I am
only what chance brings.
What I must change into
when oppression beckons this
soul to rise.  I have risen
many times.  I have risen
many times.  I never knew
a vain disguise that was
so powerful.  A world wide
lie.


both written works by Kenneth Towler, Downtown LA.  He does this for tips.  He hand selected poems to give to me and a friend--I received "The Lie."
Freedom Fight he wrote right in front of us. 

Just thought I'd share some bits of loveliness going on in DTLA.  

No comments:

Post a Comment