Sunday, August 7, 2011

On the Meditative Traumatic Release...

I am in the midst of something jarring--physically, psychologically, spiritually, etc.  I either had a:
    1. Seizure
    2. Epileptic fit
    3. Orgasm
    4. Spiritual Awakening / Opening of Chakras
    5. All of the Above

I couldn't open my hands, they were clamped shut.  It was terrifying and I feared I may bite my tongue off so I chewed on my fingers instead.  I started to calm down.  Pain, the pinching of my teeth into my skin centers me.  I look at the knife in my cup holder.  It slips across my mind like a cloud for a split second the notion that spilling blood could feel incredible and make me calm and normal again.  I put my hand down and fish for it with the cup of my hand.  My claw digger grabs it and fumbles.  It falls by my feet.  I thought about cutting my ankle or leg or something.  Pain helps, after all, right?
Distraction.
  Focused energy at one point in the body. 

Then I remembered my breath.  I forgot about the pain, the knife--and the suction-cup face energy turned to warmth.  Waves of oxygen/energy/? circulated and jarred my limbs, like a dog's uncontrollable running dream.

I felt I couldn't walk.  So I put my head down and my feet up onto the steering wheel for circulatory purposes.  My jaw is chattering, feeling like I have a suction cup over the lower part of my face--a suction-cup over my face and jaw.  Tingling, taught feeling of energy--perhaps breath energy leaving or going into my air passageway.  I think something left me.  I forced a negative breath energy out of my body by focusing, watching the breath.  Letting sound happen without clinging to them.  Reveling in the spaces, noises, notes in and around the sounds.

Prior to this ___, I had been chanting Om Mani Padme Hum in my car while sitting in traffic.  I felt a warm tingling in my stomach to begin with.  Then a sudden rush of ____ through my body, crippling me.  I was afraid, shaking, and yet felt strangely calm.  I had a bodily quake and felt comfortable expressing it and watching it unfold in the safety and privacy of my car (once I pulled over...safety first). 
I felt more present than ever.  I've read about releasing energies through meditation and breath, but wow.  This was a real trip.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment